FRIENDS for Life is a social skills and resilience building program that has been recognised by the World Health Organisation.
It is proven to provide participants (aged 5-7years old) with the tools to rise to life’s challenges, and make the most of setbacks and adversity. FRIENDS for Life also improves participants’ social and emotional skills, ability to focus, confidence, and the capacity to relax and regulate emotions.
To help participants remember the FRIENDS concepts, and to bring structure to the sessions we use the FRIENDS acronym:
- Feelings (talk about your feelings and learning to recognise your feelings)
- Relax (what to do when you feel overwhelmed and/or anxious)
- I can try! (learning how to think helpful thoughts that will make it easier to deal with you emotions)
- Encourage (learning a step by step plan, you don’t have to be able to do something all at once)
- Nurture (quality time together doing fun activities, asking for help)
- Don’t forget (practice skills everyday with friends /family)
- Stay happy
Prof. Paula Barrett talking about the program she developped:
The FRIENDS Programs takes pride in an interactive and hands-on approach. Not only does this engage the children, it is fun too!
FRIENDS for Life empowers participants to cope with the emotions of themselves and others by engaging with positive thoughts, emotions, and self-regulation strategies. The program also teaches creative alternatives to solving problems they would have previously shied away from, fostering the development of confidence and self-esteem.
Most importantly, FRIENDS for Life encourages smiling, happiness and bravery, and facilitates smooth transitions into adolescence.
* Each session lasts 60 minutes
* There are 6 sessions which take place every week (during the Dutch school holidays there are no training sessions)
* The group consists of a maximum of 6 children.
* The costs are € 175- (including BTW and materials)
Next training will start Sunday 26th of Januari 2020 from 15:30-16:30 for the age group 5-7 year old.
Location: ” De kleine planeet”
2311 EN Leiden
This training can be given individually too, please don’t hesitate to contact me for more details.
Would you like more information, please feel free to be in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-11143590.